Sunday, June 3, 2007

Challenge continues get your grab bag freebie!

I love running these challenges. It's so much fun to see layouts done with my designs. Thank you to all who have already set layouts and for those still yet to come! There have been over 300 downloads of the grab bag already, so I'm hoping to get lots of entries. Just like in the Denim and Dirt Challenge, I will be giving all participants a challenge only freebie at the end of the challenge. So keep the submissions coming. You can still get the grab bag here.

I figured the easiest way to keep you updated on the submissions, and because I love to show them off, is to create a slide show using Slide. If you've never done one for your desktop, email, blog, or websitem, they're super easy. You can get all the details at Slide.com They even had a diamond skin to use! I thought that was so fitting!

So here are the entries for the challenge. I think these folks deserve a huge round of applause!



I would love to add a photo post gallery to my website, but the software is $129. So out of my budget right now. We just dropped nearly $1300 this weekend to have an old chimney removed from the house and to have the foundation from an old outbuilding carted away. The chimney had been taken down as far as the attic and bricked in. It then ran from the attic down through the second floor and ending in the middle of what will someday be our kitchen. My father, a retired carpenter, says it was putting a big strain on the house (over 160 years old!) and we should start any remodeling until it was removed. I started to do it myself a while back, but what a slow, hot, messy job. It was worth expense to have it done by someone else. I just wish John had had them put down more plastic and use the other door like I asked. They really didn't clean up, so now I have all that mess to deal with. Not good for my allergies. I'm just not sure I can get John to do it for me or how I want it done...lol.

The other foundation removal when so smoothly and so fast. They filled the hole and reseeded it too. It looks great. I feel so much better, knowing Gianni won't get into all the rusty nails and debris. It makes the yard look so much bigger too. Now we can finally start planning the rest of the remodeling.

No comments: