Wednesday, February 13, 2008

V-Day FREEBIE + Rob Thomas is H-O-T HOT!

Okay, I have to say the Matchbox 20 concert was amazing. They are great performers and Rob Thomas sounds as good if not better than his studio records when performing live. It also doesn't hurt that he has smoldering good looks. Now I'm not one to get all mushy over celebs, but he is definitely h-o-t HOT!!!! We were kind of on the side and had to zoon the camera in, but here's one of the best shots my hubbie got. He also got G's favorite song on video...How Far We Come.



It was a great early Valentine's Day gift and we managed to get to the concert before the storm hit. Most of the ride home was fine too, but the closer we got to home the worse the roads got. It was pretty hit and miss. You'd go for a while with no snow at all and then you'd hit bad stretches. We saw a six car accident coming down a hill as we were going up. When we got back to where I had to drop DH off for work things looked fine. I was going to head off and get our son at my mom's, but the flakes seemed to be getting bigger again and sticking. I decided to head for home instead. I got half way up the hill and there was another accident and a tractor trailer in the middle of the road, so I turned around and went back down. I took the another route home which was good for about five miles and then as the elevation started the climb again I hit more snow. It got worse and worse as I got closer to home. The other side of the road had been plowed more recently so I tried to keep two tires in the middle as much as I could. The hill about 2 miles from home had another accident and was very tricky because I had to come to almost a complete stop in the middle with tractor trailers coming down in the other lane. I manageed to get here as you can now read...lol, but needless to say my little one is still at Grandma's and it looks like he'll be spending a second night. I can't beleive I haven't seen him in over 30 hours! I've never been away from him more this long and certainly not overnight...twice!

Okay, I've babbled enough. I guess I needed to wind down after my drive home. My 75% off sale at Karla's Kaleidoscope Designs is still going on, so I hope you'll stop by and see the great deals.

Today's freebie is another bragbook page from Rachel. Here's a look...



You can grab it here.

3 comments:

D said...

Such a fun v-day present! That's crazy about the roads. I am glad you are safe. So sad that your DH had to go right to work. Well I hope you get to enjoy your two nights without baby - those opportunities are rare!

Sharon Kay said...

Oh tell more about the concert! I made the mistake of telling my son to talk to his friend and we'll order tickets "tomorrow"...and then they sold out!! Mom is in the dog house. I would have liked to have gone to the concert with my boys!

Sharon Kay said...

any more pics we can see of the concert?