Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Freebie, Sale, and Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone. It's hard to believe it's 2008. I started a layout yesterday for New Year's and have yet to finish it. It needs a new pic of me (oh joy!) and journaling for today. It's going to be a then and now kind of thing. As a teenager I was very much a homebody-wallflower type still am for that matter. I spent nearly all if not all my NYE's at home with the parental units watching Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve and the ball drop. After the ball dropped and before I fell asleep I'd write a New Year's entry in my journal. I pulled one journal out yesterday for this layout. Wow, was I ever a melancholy teenager. Here's the entry from 1/1/85 when I was 14...

A new year is dawning- a past year left behind to fade. On this eve of a new year, tarnished memories of forgetten years come to mind. They remind us of mistakes and failures. But New Year’s is a new beginning, a fresh start, and a second change to make life meaningful.
Jan. 1, 1985 -
Fourteen years young

And here's the lovely pic I'm going to put with it...



You have to love that fuzzy mullet right? What can I save it was the 80s.


I'm so glad my life today is not the one I had imagined as a teenager. It's much better according to God's plan than my own.

I'm having a little, well not so little sale today. Everything is marked down at Karla's Kaleidoscope Designs 80% today only. Stop on by and pick up some goodies!



Today's freebie is from my Froggy Add-on kit. It's a cute little word art that you can grab here.

3 comments:

mom2triplets04 said...

Thanks for the wordart. That's great journaling for a 14 year old. Happy New Year.

Lois B said...

Sorry I didn't visit on Jan 1 so missed the sale :(

Loved your 80's journal - so precious to look back on.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this great wordart. I can't wait to use it for my little girl.