Thursday, February 15, 2007

Another Snow Day!


It's hard to believe, but it's snow day number two. I think it's been six years since we had back to back snow days. My son even slept past 7 AM- a huge treat for me. All in all it's been pretty great. My husband was a bit grumbly because he picked my driveway to shovel, and now I don't have to go to work. He shouldn't feel too badly though. We had so much snow yesterday that the county closed the roads, and even he didn't have to go to work! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our neighbor comes and digs us out with his snowblower again today. Looks like we got in the neighborhood of two feet.


Yesterday I mentioned my emergent reader website. I launched it late last summer to sell the K-1 first grade readers that I've been creating for several years. I have been pleased with its start, and I'm looking forward to adding some new books very soon. I'm hoping I'll have the chance to update the site next week during winter break. I don't make any guarantees, especially if things go like yesterday! Hubbie hogged the computer for hours playing Warcraft.


In celebration of the snowstorm and the launching of my blog, here is a freebie for you. I'm giving away my Let's Make a Snowman book. The predictable text focuses on the sight words I, have, and the. Get the download while you can and don't forget to check out my website here.

You can click the link above or the picture to get your free copy of the book. I hope you'll leave a comment if you download the book.





No comments: