Friday, February 23, 2007

Wow! Another huge day


I'm still overwhelmed by the number of hits I've had in the last two days. It's just incredible and extremely flattering. I'm so happy everyone is enjoying the freebies. I've really caught the designer bug. I haven't had the time for crafting in general since Gianni was born. I find myself moving more and more toward computer crafting. First of all I can do it anywhere without the mess of supplies all over the house. Two, it should be cheaper ;) It's too soon to tell about the latter though.

I've been working more on my winter kit that I mentioned yesterday. I'm challenging myself to create a kit that I can use for another snowman layout for Gianni. I want to create a layout that is made entirely from my designs. I'm well on my way. I have about 5 papers made, an overlay, some wordart, a frame, some elements, and a tag. I'm going to give away parts of the kit here on the blog. When I'm done with the entire kit, I'm going to put it up for sale in my ebay store. I have my emergent readers listed there along with other things I've made. I figure it's the best place to try things out.

Speaking of my emergent readers! My plan for this week was to get my spring collection written and posted on my website- www.emergentreaders.net. But like I said I've got the designing bug. I haven't even done one book. I have to admit I'm having writer's block. I just can't seem to come up with any ideas this week. If you are a teacher of young children, have young children, or know any teachers of young children, ask them for ideas please! I'm running a challenge on my Teacherlingo blog asking for ideas as well. The top three idea submitters will get the spring set free. The books are for K-1 readers, so they have a predictable sentence pattern. Okay, I promise I'll stop babbling now and post my first freebie from the winter kit in progress.

You get the tag and the felty snowman. The snowman was so much fun to make. I'm very happy with how it turned out. Click the preview to download.

2 comments:

PSharp said...

Thank you for the great tag and cute snowman.

Sweet Pea said...

Thanks for these cuties!
Susan